Leaving behind the convenience of school life and taking the first step into the practical arena can be quite overwhelming for any student. The emphasis on management, finance and marketing in the corporate world cannot be neglected and in India, a BBA degree holds utmost importance to cultivate these skills.
With more than 500 options to choose from, picking one of the top colleges for BBA in India becomes pivotal to the trajectory of one’s career. The three-year program paints a holistic image for students and inculcates a plethora of skills which act as stepping stones, not just in their professional careers but further education as well.
A good B-school provides not just quality fundamental knowledge but also empirical, hands-on experience and outcomes in sync with the professional scenario. Sunstone Eduversity provides an interactive and outcome-based model of learning in association with leading BBA universities like CT university Ludhiana, Rathinam college, Coimbatore, and many more.
Major BBA specializations offered by colleges in India
Mirroring the corporate and industrial structure of work, a BBA degree offers various courses one can pick to carve a niche in. Some of these specializations are:
- Sales and Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Information Technology
- Logistics and Supply chain management
- Digital Marketing
An appealing course from a good business school is a great start to one’s career, promoting all-rounded growth of skills and personality to render an industry-ready individual with a bag full of tools and a sky filled with avenues. From SSCBS, Delhi to CT university, Ludhiana, here are the top 5 colleges (in no particular order) you must consider on your list:
- SHAHEED SUKHDEV COLLEGE OF BUSINESS STUDIES, DELHI UNIVERSITY – Established in 1987, SSCBS ranks as one of the top colleges for BBA in India because of its impeccable course structure and amazing placements. Offering BMS and BBA-FIA courses, it conducts a separate written examination based on quantitative and verbal skills, business and logical aptitude, and current affairs for management courses, offering a total of 9 courses across 4 streams.
Located in the capital of the country, It attracts all big MNCs like McKinsey, BCG, Bain and boasts a 83% on-campus placement with an average salary of 6.6LPA. Also, being a part of Delhi University, students are exposed to a variety of cultures and people around the campus, thereby developing a holistic personality required to excel in business.
- NARSEE MONJEE INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES, MUMBAI – Located in the land of dreams, Mumbai, NMIMS has a great campus life and is one of the highest ranked B-schools. The BBA programme admission process entails a qualifying test and minimum of 60% marks in 12th board. Placements are a strong point as the average package is around 4.30 LPA from top recruiters like Deloitte, Axis bank and Wipro. The institute provides 4 courses across 3 streams with a detailed course structure that promises extensive development of not just theoretical but hands-on practical skills as well.
- CHRIST UNIVERSITY, BANGALORE – Ranked as one of the top colleges for BBA in India by India Today magazine in 2020 and established in 1969, the prestigious Christ university has maintained its legacy for all these years. The university has 5 campuses across the country including Bangalore, New Delhi and Pune and graded ‘A’ by NAAC. The highest package for the BBA course in 2020 was 13.2 LPA and the campuses are visited by big firms like Goldman Sachs, Deloitte and Amazon. The campus provides an opportunity for growth and learning through seminars by various professionals from the industry and encourages diversity with students coming from all over the country. Christ university promises an unparalleled opportunity to learn with experience and hands-on training of young students, thereby creating future leaders and scholars.
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, ROHTAK – The brand of IIM speaks for itself, being one of the most prestigious government institutions in the country for management courses. The BBA programme has one of the best faculties in the country- professional teachers coming from reputed IIMs and IITs to nurture students with their experience and knowledge. With a 100% placement rate, the college places its talent in growth oriented internships and jobs from big MNCs. The campus is huge and supports all facilities from a huge library to comfortable hostels which provide students with comfort as they grow into the future professionals.
- CT UNIVERSITY, LUDHIANA – The university is deemed one of the best for its infrastructure and course curriculum with an extensive focus on concepts, learning and ideas as it provides a broad foundation in topics relating to business, finance and marketing and intersects theory with a practical approach to discover and tackle real world problems with innovative solutions. This emphasis on practicality and experience creates an atmosphere of engagement within students, thereby inculcating an aptitude which stretches beyond the book. In a unique tie-up with Sunstone Eduversity, they conduct their own scholarship and entrance test to cream out the best talent in the country and provide a holistic experience to students, making it one of the top colleges for BBA in India.
Emphasis on practical training and placements
Individually, all these universities promise a bright future for all BBA aspiring candidates and that comes through with a common emphasis on practical training and placement oriented approach. It’s important to reap out books and lectures into the industry. Sunstone Eduversity works on a similar motto, consistently focusing on placements with its tie-ups with leading universities around the country. The pay after placement policy guarantees successful transaction of knowledge into results with students requiring to pay only once they get placed and more so, the fee is based on the monthly gross salary they secure. This lifts off the unnecessary burden of their shoulders simultaneously pushing them further to chase their goals with tangible results awaiting them.