Rational expressions can be defined as Fractions in which numerators and denominators are in the form of Polynomials. So rational expressions are of the form A (x) / B (x) where A (x) and B (x) are polynomials or Functions depending on variable ‘x’. Example of rational expression is (x2 + x + 1) / (x2– x – 1) or (x2 + 1) / x + 2 etc. are rational expressions as we can see the numerators and denominators are in the form of polynomials in these expressions.
Rational expressions calculator is a tool which finds the factors of the numerator and denominator in the rational expression, which makes it easier to solve the rational expression. To use the rational expressions calculator we need to follow few steps shown below:
1. Enter the coefficients of x2, x and also enter the value of constant in both numerator and denominator.
2. Now click on ‘Solve’ button.
3. On clicking we will get the factors and values of variables in the result.
Suppose we have a rational expression (–x2 + x + 2) / (-x2 + x + 6), then
1. Enter -1 as coefficient of ‘x2’, 1 as coefficient of ‘x’ and 2 as constant in numerator and -1 as coefficient of ‘x2’, 1 as coefficient of ‘x’ and 6 as constant in numerator.
2. Click on solve button.
3. We will get our solution as (x + 1) (x – 2) / (x + 2) (x – 3).