Hexagon is a Polygon with six edges and six vertices. All sides of the Hexagon are of same length, the total of internal angles of the Hexagon is equals to 720 degrees. The Area of the regular Hexagon can be calculated using formula A = (3 √3/ 2) *d2 which is approximately equivalent to 2.598076211d2, here 'd' is the length of one edge of hexagon. Now we will see how to draw a hexagon. For drawing a hexagon we need to follow the steps shown below:
1. Firstly, draw a Circle of a particular radius.
2. After drawing the circle just draw two horizontal and vertical lines passing through the center.
3. Now after second step draw 'X' mark in the center of drawn circle. These lines of 'X' mark should be diagonal lines.
4. The 'X' mark and the horizontal and vertical line will help to draw hexagon.
5. Now make marks on circle where lines are touching the circumference of circle.
6. Join all marks together to make the edges of Hexagon.
7. Start from the topmost edge and move to the right in clockwise direction unless all points are combined with each other.
8. Now just omit all internal horizontal lines, vertical lines and the 'X' mark and outer circle.
9. After omitting the lines and circle, what we are left is known as Hexagon, with six edges.
Hexagon will look like the below given figure:
Now, after following the above mentioned simple nine steps you can easily draw Hexagon.
Hexagons can be categorized as Convex, Cyclic, Isogonal, Isotoxal, dual polygon and Equilateral etc.