A dodecagon is geometrical shapes which generally consist of twelve edges or lines and twelve angles. The internal angle of a dodecagon is generally of 150 degrees. It belongs to D12 Symmetry group. Lengths of all sides or edges are equal. Now question which comes in our mind is how to draw a dodecagon. Dodecagon can be drawn with the help of the following simple steps as follows:
What we need is a compass and a ruler scale.
1. First draw a line segment of an arbitrary length.
2. After that put compass at middle of Line Segment and take measurement for radius of Circle and draw the circle.
3. After circle is drawn make one more Line Segment which is vertical from Center of Circle such that we get four points on circle (as shown in diagram below).
4. Now cut four arcs from four points at circumference of circle.
5. All four arcs, should pass from center and should cut the circumference also (as shown in diagram below).
6. Now what we have to do is, we have to join all twelve points which we got on circumference of circle.
On joining points we get the figure which is known as dodecagon.
Now we just have to remove circle and horizontal and Perpendicular Lines drawn.
Given below is the diagram which has been drawn using above steps:
Here we can see the steps which are clearly mentioned in the diagram drawn, line segment on which circle is drawn, vertical line segment, four arcs and dodecagon after joining the arcs.